BOOK NOW AND SAVE
Chicago Fun Facts and Discounts
GO Airport Express - Has A Place in Chicago History Books
Founded in 1853 as the Frank Parmelee Company, GO Airport Express is one of Chicago's oldest companies.
What began as a carriage service transporting travelers between railroad stations and local hotels, is now one of the nation's largest airport transportation companies providing service to more than one million passengers to and from Chicago's airports annually. GO Airport Express also provides limousine, shuttle and bus services for convention, leisure and business visitors as well.
The vendors listed below are partners in the "Is That a Fact" customer appreciation program. Click on each logo to obtain discounts and coupons to some of Chicago's best attractions and venues!
Click here for a Buy 1 get 1 Free coupon for the Glass Experience!
Click here for 2 for 1 Spertus Museum Admission!
Exclusive discounts for Chicago visitors!
Click here for 2 for 1 Admission to the Museum of Contemporary Art
Fun Chicago Facts:
- 1673 - Louis Jolliet, a Canadian explorer and the French-born Jesuit Jacques Marquette were the first Europeans to discover the Chicago area.
- 1781 - First permanent settlement by Jean Baptiste Point du Sable
- 1837 - Chicago is incorporated as a city
- 1871 - The Great Fire - the Parmalee Company lost many horses
- 1893 - World Columbian Exposition is held
- 1927 - Chicago Air Park opened; Its name changed to Municipal Airport and eventually Midway after World War II.
- 1964 - Frank Sinatra introduced the song "My Kind of Town (Chicago Is)" in the Warner Brothers musical "Robin and the Seven Hoods."
- 2004 - Millennium Park opens and becomes a top tourist attraction
- 2008 - Chicago bans smoking in all public places